1 kilo sirloin beef, sliced thin
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons salt
1+1/2 tablespoons sugar
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 days before frying.
1 medium green papaya, grated
1 small carrot, grated or cut into flower shapes
1 green pepper, cut into fine strips
1 small bunch shallots (sibuyas tagalog), peeled
For pickling solution:
2 teaspoons ginger, cut into fine strips
1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup rock salt
- In a bowl put all vegetables together. Sprinkle with rock salt and let stand for a few hours or overnight.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the vegetables and rinse in water to remove salt.
- Put all pickling solution ingredients together. Stir till sugar and salt are dissolvd. Pack vegetables in jars and pour vinegar mixture to cover. Refrigerate. Serve 2-3 days later.